First industrial unit to produce fuel and light bitumen from hydrocarbon residues
Ecoslops has built the world's first unit to produce fuel and light bitumen from wastes. It is located in Sinès, the first industrial port of Portugal located 150 km south of Lisbon, and operated by Ecoslops Portugal SA.
By implementing processes and technologies from the world of refining, Ecoslops is the only player in the sector to give a second life to this hydrocarbon waste.
Ecoslops Portugal SA has made a total investment of more than 20 million Euros, of which 6.2 million Euros have been financed by the QREN under the Regulation of the Innovation Incentives System.
The site of Sinès is an integrated industrial complex dedicated to collection, treatment, production and storage. It has a treatment capacity of more than 30,000 tons of hydrocarbon fraction per year.
It is made up of three main “blocks”:
- the separation unit,
- the treatment unit for polluted waters, which has a capacity of 360 m3sup> per day and treats the water contained in the slops as well as waste waters from the Port of Sinès;
- and the P2R column, with a treatment capacity of 100 tons per day of hydrocarbon fraction.
What we offer in Sinès
- We keep it simple: Ecoslops offers a wide range of services, from collection to treatment. The slops treatment site benefits from a strategic location, in the heart of Port of Sinès oil terminal
- We ensure professionalism: as a trusted partner, Ecoslops ensures the secure and traceable management of your hydrocarbon residues and their transformation into recycled marine oil
- Management of all the hydrocarbon waste under appendix I of the MARPOL Convention
- Non-stop service for any type of ship calling in at Port of Sinès
- Collection in all Port of Sinès terminals: oil terminal (TGLS), container terminal (TCS), multi-purpose and vessel terminal (TMS), petrochemical terminal (TPQ) and NLG terminal
- Safe and available teams and equipment, in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Possibility for ship owners to sign long-term contracts
- 24/7 operational plants, in accordance with international standards
- Storage capacity of up to 60,000 m3 in the oil terminal
For more information about our slops collection and treatment services, please contact :
(+351) 91 230 4978
(+33) 01 83 64 47 43
With 26 million tons of goods passing through it each year, the port of Sinès is the largest port in Portugal in terms of volume and accounts for 41% of national port transit. The port is equipped with deep-water terminals and terminals specialized in oil and petrochemical products, as well as gas and container transport. The terminal XXI (operated by the Port of Singapore Authority) treats nearly one thousand containers a day.
Thanks to its strategic location and to the development projects conducted by its port authority, Port of Sinès is rapidly expanding.
More information on http://www.portodesines.pt.